Tips to insure your Holi is happy.
Holi is around the corner. Here are some timeless tips to ensure you have the time of your life.
A colourful and fun time is Holi. This year, it falls on Monday, 9 March and Tuesday, 10 March. Here are some tips to make them days to remember for all the right reasons and for years to come.
- Apply mustard oil or moisturizer on your skin before stepping out to play Holi.
- Apply a good sunscreen with at least SPF 30 all over your arms, legs, and face to diminish the effect of color on the body.
- Generously oil your hair to prevent colours from seeping into the scalp.
- Cover as much of your skin as possible while playing Holi.
- Protect your eyes. In case color does enter your eye, resist the temptation to rub them, instead splash plain water immediately and use rose water to reduce the irritation.
- A simple home remedy to remove stubborn colours is a paste of gram flour, sweet almond oil and milk cream in rose water. Apply it on areas where the color is deepest. Let the paste dry on the skin and rub it off gently.
- Wear dental caps to protect your teeth from getting damaged, especially if you have veneers and caps.
Last but not the least, do not force anyone to play Holi with you.